For questions regarding the study of language, its representation in the mind, its role in psychological development, and its processing by the brain in applied tasks like reading.
Modified from Wikipedia:
Linguistics in its broader context includes
- evolutionary linguistics, which considers the origins of language
- historical linguistics, which explores language change
- sociolinguistics, which looks at the relation between linguistic variation and social structures
- psycholinguistics, which explores the representation and function of language in the mind
- neurolinguistics, which looks at language processing in the brain; language acquisition, how children or adults acquire language; and discourse analysis, which involves the structure of texts and conversations.
Note that in most cases except for socio-, psycho-, and neuro- linguistics, questions likely belong on Linguistics.SE