I recently came to know about Limerence.
I could not find definite answers for the following questions:
- It has been said that limerence generally lasts between 18 months to 3 years, could be more in some cases. Is there a way/approach/strategy to reduce this duration?
- As per this article, it has been suggested that limerence is due to low self esteem. This conclusion was based on "I never expected anything in return". I thought this is what most successful people like Bill Gates, Clinton do with their charity/foundation without expecting anything in return. How can this be judged as a bad thing? Is Limerence really due to low self esteem?
- I have read that limerence can affect people's mind at a unconscious level. Is there a way to train the unconscious mind to get rid of the limerence effect?
- I could not find anyone offering therapy specifically for this. Has therapy been shown to help conditions like this?
- It has been mentioned in the Wikipedia article that people with limerence can become ill. If you are ill, is there a way to find out if this is caused by limerence or something else?