I need a list of classic categorization tasks (with available human/animal data) to use as a benchmark for a model.
I am interested in tasks that can be used to validate/invalidate a model of category learning
Here are some sample tasks that are used for model valuation:
- the 5-4 task
- Shepard, Hovland, & Jenkins, 1961
- Medin and Schwanenflugel, 1981
- Martin & Carmazza, 1980
- Martin, R.C. & Caramazza, A. (1980). Classification in well-defined and ill-defined categories: Evidence for common processing strategies.. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 109, 320.
- Medin, D.L. & Schwanenflugel, P.J. (1981). Linear separability in classification learning.. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Learning and Memory, 7, 355.
- Shepard, R.N., Hovland, C.I. & Jenkins, H.M. (1961). Learning and memorization of classifications. Psychological Monographs: General and Applied, 75, 1-42.