I'm in the process of performing a meta-analysis that includes Grade Point Average (GPA) as one of the variables. For some purposes, it might be useful to have an estimate of the reliability of measurement for GPA.
- What has empirical research estimated the reliability of GPA to be?
- What factors influence the reliability of GPA measurement?
- I'm looking for specific coefficient values that I could use in a meta-analytic context. I am not interested in personal opinions about the value of GPA.
- I can also see that reliability would vary based on how you define reliability.
- I imagine that GPA would be more reliable and valid when it is obtained from a group of students at a single university. I can also see that GPAs based on more units of study would be more reliable.
- I can also see that in some contexts GPA is an end itself, and therefore it would not be appropriate to adjust for reliability.